Thank u Mumma McD for nominating me, it is very much appreciated! Like most before me, I had never heard of the award but felt so happy to be chosen. So I am returning the blog-love by nominating others for the award.
Each nominee has to follow 6 simple rules:
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the Liebster Award on your blog.
Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
Give 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award, that have less than 200 followers (I went off the number of Facebook and/or Bloglovin followers if I couldn’t tell from the blog).
Let those bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
And the 11 questions for those bloggers:
How did you choose the name of your blog?
When I first started blogging, just as a diary, when Nate was a baby, I called my blog “Muslin Times”, with the tag line: it is the muslin time of my life. But the name looked like a religious newspaper and caused some confusion, so as Nate got a bit bigger and the focus was not so much on sleep deprivation and survival but became, days out, trips, play centres, parks etc and I simply loved to organise anything fun for us to do as a family. So it became Mum for Fun.
How much time per week do you spend on your blog?
Much more lately, but it is tricky because I work a full-time job out of the house and therefore have very little free time. I would say I spend about 12-15 hours a week on blog related activities.
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Many things, but the two prominent ones were a teacher and a writer. If I wasn’t playing “Teacher” with my little brother I had a notebook in my hand.
Last piece of clothing you purchased?
Batman underpants – for Nate obviously! He is potty training right now so we have had to buy a bunch of new underpants.
Where in the world do you live?
I live in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England and I love it here, it is a beautiful green town, full of history and always growing.
Favourite television show at the moment?
Keeping up with the Kardashians is still my guilty pleasure, but I don’t tell many people that, so shhhhh keep it to yourself. The fave that I am not embarrassed to tell anyone about is Call the Midwife and House of Cards, watching them both on Netflix.
It’s tricky, I tend to love a particular actor or actress because they are in one of my favourite movies, but then it keeps changing. I don’t think I could choose one, but I do like the following: Liam Neeson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Reese Witherspoon, Emily Blunt, Morgan Freeman, Bill Nighy.
How do you relax?
Dinner and a movie are my favourite activities, hubby and I get to do that when my parents take Nate for the night. Lying in bed and watching TV or reading helps me relax before I go to sleep.
Do you have a nickname? Or did you have one as a child?
Embarassingly my dad used to call me Gloria because I always (and still do) walk around the house singing. My friends and my brother all call me Kat, in fact my colleagues at work call me that too, but not my mum, she always calls me by my full name Katrina.
How do you take your coffee?
I don’t like coffee, however I take my tea white, no sugar. For christmas hubby and I bought each other a tea pot and real tea-leaves – its lush – am quite addicted to real tea now!
How many hours sleep do you get each night?
8.5 to 9 hours, depending on how tired I am. I need a lot of sleep!
Now for my 11 random facts:
- My nan gave birth to 14 children.
- I was once on the Timmy Mallet show as a child.
- I met Cheryl Cole (and the rest of Girls Aloud) on an airplane, they were sat behind us.
- On my honeymoon, I had a headache and stormed back to my room bumping into someone on my way, I did not look back, but husband was gobsmacked to see me bump into Don King on his way to a big boxing match at the MGM Grand.
- I almost died when I was 10 when I got chewing gum stuck in my throat and couldn’t breathe.
- During labour I shouted out answers to the women either side of me who were screaming such as “you can do it” and “don’t give up” etc whilst I was in the middle of my terrible labour pain, I don’t remember that though!
- After Nate’s birth, due to extreme sleep deprivation I hallucinated that someone was breaking onto the post-natal ward and dialed 999 from my mobile to tell the police.
- My favourite UK band is Muse, my favourite US bands are quite obscure: 112 and Danity Kane.
- I don’t put butter in sandwiches.
- I have kept a diary (and still do) since I was 10 years old.
- Singing is my most favourite thing to do.
Now for my 11 questions for my fellow bloggers that I nominated below:
- What do you do for a living, your career, either in our out of the home?
- What is your current worry for each of your children?
- What is the last movie you watched at home? At the cinema?
- What is your best blogging tip for newbie bloggers?
- Which is your favourite social media platform? Which brings you the most traffic?
- What one food could you eat every day for the rest of your life?
- What is your favourite activity to do with your child(ren)?
- Is child-rearing shared between you and your partner? If yes, how do you split up the cooking, cleaning, playing, changing, bathing, putting to bed, getting dressed etc of your children?
- What is your favourite perfume?
- Where was your best holiday as a couple? And where was your best family holiday?
- A cute or funny thing your child(ren) recently said?
Now for my top 11 newbie bloggers (newbie status according to amount of followers):
- The Family Patch
- The Dadaventurer
- Adventures of a novice mum
- Baby baby
- Hills and Daffodils
- Mama vs Teacher
- Mummy on a Budget
- Diary of a Midlife mummy
- Betty and the Bumps