My 3 year old cannot buckle his own belt, can yours? I suspect not, as they are pretty tricky for little people. Maybe your little one doesn’t really need a belt? My son has always needed belts as he has always been tall for his age, and therefore has always worn several sizes bigger than the average, and because of that, trousers would be long enough in length but always too wide in the waist, so belts have been our friend for some time. (Has anyone seen Croods? Whenever I hear the word ‘Belt’ I think dun dun dun!)
Belts were fine on young toddlers as you pretty much dress them head to toe, but as they get older and want to become more independent and when they start potty training, the ability to work a belt buckle actually becomes important. My son has actually been pretty lazy with dressing himself and only recently started dressing himself every day, he always wanted me to do it, but I have managed to coax him to do it himself and become more independent, which really frees up my mornings, giving me more time to actually make myself a healthy breakfast (not that I have time to eat it until about 9am, in the office). Of course, he can dress himself, almost entirely by himself, except for the belt, that is literally the only thing he cannot do by himself.
Until now… A clever Mum came up with the idea and created EasyBelts. These belts use velcro instead of a buckle, the ring comes in different sizes and the belts come in various designs, patterns and colours.
We were sent one to review, now I am actually lying because we were not sent one. I ordered what I believed would be the correct size, and the lovely lady at EasyBelts was concerned that I had chosen the incorrect size, as she knew my son was 3 years old, so she sent another belt of a smaller size, just in case, which I found very sweet, it is personal touches like that which are simply lovely.
Another way that EasyBelts are just fabulous is that they have kindly offered up 4 additional belts for me to give-away to my readers – that’s you! So if you would like to be in with a chance to win a belt of your choice from the EasyBelts website, any design, colour or size of your choosing, then scroll to the bottom and enter via the Rafflecopter widget. I have 4 to give-away!
So, what are the belts like and do they work, I hear you say? Why yes they certainly do. Actually, I couldn’t have been more surprised when I took them from their packaging, showed my son, who was incidentally thrilled because it was blue and had a racing car on it – yes boys and transport! I threaded the belt through the loops of his trousers and left him to see if he could do it up. Now I figured, being his first time that I would have to show him how to do it, and that he would eventually, with a little practice, manage to do the belt up, but he fastened the belt so quickly that I didn’t even have a chance to turn the ‘video-mode’ on my phone and record the inaugural event in all it’s splendour. So I am afraid you will have to take my word it.
The website was easy to use and they even have a helpful tips section to aid you in choosing the correct size.
So, as far as belts go, it meets all belt-criteria in all it’s belty-goodness, it’s belt-erific (ok I will stop now).
- Trousers do NOT fall down (check) – that is kind of the bear minimum requirement of a belt!
- Belt is able to be fastened by young child (check) – yipee, that is kind of the point of this amazing invention and it does indeed work.
- Belt it nice to look at (check) – the belt does come in an assortment of colours and
- Belt does NOT cost £300 (check) – it is actually very reasonably priced, starting at £6.
- Belt does my washing for me (fail) – I’m sorry to disappoint you, it is clever but not that clever, and in fact it is recommended that you do not wash it in a washing machine, it is advised that you hand wash to protect the velcro.
If you have any questions about this product, please ask them in the comments and I will do my best to answer them.
As I said before, EasyBelts are offering 4 belts to 4 of my lucky readers. Just in time for back to school and nursery! To be in with a chance to win a belt of your choice from the EasyBelts website, please login to the rafflecopter and complete a task. For every task completed you will receive entries into the competition, more tasks = more chances to win.
Terms and Conditions of entry:
- You must be a UK resident to enter.
- You must enter using the Rafflecopter widget below and perform the task(s) correctly (for example, if you enter your email address to subscribe, ensure when you receive the confirmation email that you accept the subscription too), for each task completed you will gain more entries into the competition.
- You must enter a valid email address into Rafflecopter so that you can be contacted if you are a winner.
- This is a sponsored post, and the organisation “EasyBelts” will be sending a belt of the winners’ choice to the winner directly. The belt must be chosen from the EasyBelts website, the winner will decide on a design, and will choose the correct size.
- The four winners will be chosen at random by Rafflecopter after the closing date (7th September 2015), and the winners will be contacted via email and announced soon thereafter. If a winner does not respond within 14 days another winner shall be chosen. Check back to this page to see the winner, it will also be announced on my social media.