I’m going to start positive but I also have a half term hell post ready to go. I have to be honest, if only to make other mums feel better because honestly we are way to hard on ourselves.
But on to the heaven part…
I have just spent the last 8 days straight with my son, who is 4 years old, just started school and this is the most amount of time we have spent together alone (well except for baby sis) since he was born. I know that sounds sad but I work full time and family holidays have always included hubby so this was just me and them. My first half term and I had high expectations. I was excited and put together a fun week for us so we didn’t get cabin fever.
It was a heavenly week for these reasons:
1. I got to spend quality time with my boy (which as I said above is unusual)
2. He had his very first swimming lesson and loved it!
3. We got to visit Grandad (who is not very well) in the day time.
4. Both kids got to go trick or treating for the first time.
5. They were super cute in matching skeleton outfits.
6. Halloween Afternoon tea at frosts mmmmm
7. Chestnut hunting and eating.
8. We all went (as a family) pumpkin hunting at Castle Ashby, lots of fun!
9. Nate got to go back to nursery for a day and see some of his old friends and teachers.
10. I got to spend a few uninterrupted hours reading at Whittlebury Hall thanks to hubby.
11. Bestie came over and the kids played lovely together. At one point Nate ran into the kitchen to grab some tomatoes and cheese and declared they were having a “Midnight Snack” (at 11am!)
Good to know that there were some high points looking back.
To see the full rounded picture of my week and not the glossed over version check out part two, next…