My son has always been ahead in terms of his verbal skills, which means I gasp and gush over everything he says all the time! He is currently 20 months old.
So I though I would share some of his tidbits for you, since I am linking up the “Reasons to be Cheerful” linky:
- He can count to 7! Ok, he won’t say 1 or 5, but he does say the rest in order 😉
- Every time he says hippopotamus it comes out differently e.g spodgopotumus, hopopotmus, spusamus.
- He can say almost every farm animal (peekaboo barn iPhone app really helps) except he flat out refuses to say pig, just does the noise every time!
- He often repeats whole sentences that I say to him or to daddy, e.g daddy can I have the car key please.
- He sings along to my music sometimes, there is a song called “Moving on” by Mya, and he sings along going “mooooving onnnnnnnn, moving onnnnn!” soooo cute!
- He can say many different vehicles including motorbike, firetruck, lorry etc.
So for those any many other reasons, I am cheerful. I love hearing him speak and learning new words every day, it is magical.